The bus crash at the Eastern Cape which claimed the lives of 30 people.

Death toll rises to 31 in horrific Eastern Cape bus crash after toddler succumbs to injuries

The number of people who have died following Monday’s tragic bus crash in the Eastern Cape has risen to 31 following the death of a 1-year-old girl on Wednesday morning.

The Eastern Cape Department of Transport said it was saddened by the news that the toddler had succumbed to her injuries at Frere Hospital in the Eastern Cape because it had been hoped that she would be reunited with her family.

The driver of the bus is one of the 31 people who died from the bus accident which happened on Monday afternoon on the N2 near the Kei Cuttings. The bus had been traveling from Cape Town to Mthatha.

During a media interview on Wednesday, a representative of the bus company said the company is working with the provincial department of transport to investigate the cause of the accident.

The representative further said the bus that crashed has a certificate of roadworthiness that was issued about a month ago.

ALSO READ: Death toll in horrific Eastern Cape bus crash rises to 30

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *