images

Trio accused for murder during unrest in Phoenix back in court on Friday

The three men accused of murder during the civil unrest witnessed in July in Phoenix, Durban, are expected to continue their bail application on Friday.

The spokesperson of the national prosecuting authority (NPA) in KwaZulu-Natal Natasha Kara said Dylan Govender, Ned Govender and Jeetendra Jaikissoon appeared in the Verulam Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

“On their previous appearance, they had abandoned their application for bail. However, today, via their legal representative, they advised the court that they want to continue their bail application.

“The matter was postponed to 17 September 2021 for continuation of their application to be released on bail,” Kara said.

Earlier this month, Police Minister Bheki Cele announced that the number of people who have been arrested for their alleged role in the racially motivated Phoenix murders was now at 56.

ALSO READ: Suspect arrested in connection with 2020 Experian data breach

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @ZululandP and Instagram @Zululand Press

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *